On behalf of the Greens Committee we would like to inform everyone that from monday the 7th October preferred lies will be in play
Latest course information 20-01-2020
• All Greens hand cut at 5mm
• All Greens have had an application of seaweed
• All Greens have an application of Lawnsand 5-0-0+FE
• All Collars have been mown
• All Greens have been aerated
• We have had a surrounds mower on demo (JD 2653B) which has
helped with the quality of the cut around the greens
• Alarm system has been serviced
• Servicing our machines now takes place in house, various training
programmes are in place for the staff to be trained on this too
• Water has been pumped off the 5th, 6th, 7th & 17th fairways
• Weidenman GXI8 Vertidrain has been in on Demo, this has been a
great help via Adams contacts
• Mark Diamond has now started working for FGC (2nd Jan) and is
settling in very well – #WelcomeMark
• Both Mark and Dave are starting their Level 2 GK Course.
This will be a huge help and allow them both to develop
*** PITCH MARKS ***
We are now in the middle of winter and our course is under the most
stress it will be all year from the cold/wet weather.
Repairing divots (even though we play out the rough) will give OUR
course a better chance to recover before the season starts.
Everyone I speak to ALWAYS repairs their pitch marks but when I look on
some of our greens this cannot be true, so. Lets ALL be on the ball..
You be that person in your group that pulls your playing partners up
for NOT repairing a pitch mark
You be that person that repairs pitch marks even though they are not
You be that person that reports bad etiquette to the club
You be that person that is responsible for our great golf course
You be that person that takes pride in being a member of Furness Golf