1. Out of Bounds
A ball is out of bounds if it is lying
- in-line with or beyond any boundary fence
- in-line with or beyond the practice area denoted by white posts between the 15th & 18th holes.
- in the practice area boundary ditch adjacent to the right of the 18th hole.
- in line with or beyond white posts along LHS of 16th fairway
2. Ground under repair
Relief can be taken under rule 25.1 for the following
- all newly turfed or seeded areas
3. Immovable Obstructions
Relief can be taken under rule 24.2 for the following
- All shelters, seats, drain covers, marker posts, pill boxes, searchlight post, greenkeepers huts, greenkeeping equipment and artifically surfaced pathways
- Where a ball lies on the path between the 9th and 10th holes, the ball should be dropped in the dropping zone in front of the 10th tee.
- Fixed sprinkler heads. Note: If the sprinkler head is on or within 2 club lengths of the putting green of the hole being played and intervenes on the line of play between the ball and the hole the player may obtain relief as follows:
- If the ball lies off the putting green but not in a hazard and is within two club lengths of the intervening obstruction, it may be lifted, cleaned and dropped a the nearest point to where the ball lay which (i) is not nearer the hole, (ii) avoids such intervention and (iii) is not in a hazard of on the putting green.
4. Unidentified Ditches
These are to be treated as a water hazard (Rule 26).
5. Stones in Bunkers
These may be removed without Penalty
6. Distance Measuring Devices:
For all play at FGC players may use a device for measuring distance only. No other condition can be measured under rule 14-3 penalty is disqualification.
7. H & S Awareness
- Please be aware of the public right of way across the 2nd & 9th fairways.
- Please be aware of the road running alongside the 5th fairway.
- Please be aware of the public footpaths running alongside the 7th, 8th, 11th and 12th fairways.
Please respect the following
- 3rd Tee – please allow the game ahead to reach the green before driving off.
- 7th Tee – please do not drive off until the game ahead has rung the bell to indicate they are out of range.
- 9th fairway – please make sure that the public footpath crossing the fairway in front of the green is clear before playing to the green (pedestrians have the right of way).